Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"My Frame of Reference is Important because..."

My Frame of Reference is important because it makes me who I am today, it has shaped and molded me into the person I am both personally and professionally. My frame of reference is different than anyone else's and I would say it is based primarily on my personal experiences, values and attitude. In regards to consultation, frame of reference is important because hopefully everyone comes into the situation with a common goal, to help a student be successful. Therefore, everyone is sharing their different perspectives and trying to work together for a particular student. It is important to keep an open mind, positive attitude, listen to everyone’s point of view, understand that everyone is different, and be respectful even at times of disagreement. If this can happen, collaboration will be successful and the students will be successful.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! The picture you put up goes perfectly with the colors of the layout. I think it is very cool how you have been able to stay at the same job for seven years and raise two ADORABLE kids. I think that you are going to love the world of Adapted P.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective on the collaboration approach. Without teamwork and everyone working towards the same goal along with respect and tolerance, collaboration won't work. Well put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are right Lindsay. When I come in to a meeting I come with my own personal bias/perspective and that needs to be left at the door, because we are there to help the student and not promote a personal agenda.

    ReplyDelete